Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Local Digs"

It has been my dream for years to become a published author--so world, (Bryan/College Station that is) HERE I COME!! Home In-Style is a quarterly magazine insert in "The Eagle" newspaper and I have been given my very own two-page spread to showcase furniture redoes purchased in the Bryan, Texas area.

It will be styled as a "How To" column and feature before and after pictures of my crafty creations. I am unsure of the publication date at the time, but I know there is a "mugshot" to be taken in the near future (eek!). I will post the final product and link to the article as soon as it's up--but here is a preview of the desk that will be the star of the article. Major thanks to Katelyn Manning for funding the project and giving me a wonderfully lime green room as inspiration..youda youda best.

Purchased at Twin City Mission Second Hand Store on South College Avenue in Bryan, Tx for TEN DOLLARS. Ya, you heard me right.



The article will include detailed how-to instructions, but with a few coats of paint for $17 total, new hinges, and the cutest Anthro handle you've ever seen for $18...the desk cost a grand total of $57. What a steal.
Here are pictures of the finished product in Katelyn's room, complete a with precious yellow pencil jar from Uptown Country Home for $7.50.




So there ya have it, my first real entry. Look for how-to's on previous pieces currently for sale on my Etsy shop, comeandtakeit and opportunities to customize thrift store finds in the BCS area!

No comments:

Post a Comment